Hakuhodo Institute of Life and Living (“HILL”) undertakes marketing, proposes solutions and develops and implements creative for its clients in order to enhance life value. The basis for all activities is Hakuhodo's Sei-katsu-sha Insight and Partnership corporate philosophies. In striving to consistently devise the best marketing proposals, we believe the most important consideration is to deeply know sei-katsu-sha, or “living consumers,” in order to respond to their needs. Thus sei-katsu-sha data is essential to our corporate activities.
We have long recognized the importance of managing personal data, one source of sei-katsu-sha data, to our corporate activities. With society's recent interest in the protection of personal data, we have undertaken to clearly express our personal data handling policies internally and externally, and make a commitment to ensuring strict adherence to these policies by all executives and employees.
Handling of personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
HILL respects your privacy and handles personal information we collect appropriately in accordance with the policy below.
- HILL meticulously observes all ordinances, regulations and government guidelines related to the protection of personal information and safeguards your personal information in accordance with strict security and confidentiality protection standards. When acquiring personal information from you, HILL will explain the purpose for which the information is being collected and will not use it for any other purpose. However, as an exception, in case of sending a specific service (printed materials, notice of events, etc.) to provide better service and information, we may share your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc. with another department of Hakuhodo for the sole purpose of delivering such service, having clearly indicated this in advance.
- HILL records, collects and analyzes which domain you access this website from for the purpose of enhancing the content of the website and/or improving usability. We will not use the data for any other purpose.
- Should you send an inquiry or other written communication that includes your own personal information to HILL, HILL may, having confirmed the content, forward it to a relevant department of Hakuhodo Inc. or server administration company for discussion. In such instances, too, the relevant personal information will be managed appropriately by HILL and/or Hakuhodo Inc. and/or the server administration company, and will not be disclosed to any other party.
- If you contact us regarding removal, change, or revision, etc. of any personal information you have provided to us, upon confirming your identity and after taking the requisite steps we will within a reasonable period and to a reasonable extent revise the information, then maintain, improve and manage the information.
- HILL pays careful attention to the handling of personal information and ensures that all employees and executives protect it. We make efforts to review and improve, and will revise our policies from time to time as appropriate, and post the latest policy on the HILL website.